MaineGeneral Health is actively seeking a dedicated and driven public and community health professional to join our team as Director of Community Health.
The Director of Community Health leads a high-performing team that provides a wide range of evidence-based programming focused on the prevention of disease, reduction of harm, and the adoption of health behaviors. Programs include national diabetes education program; health education programs focusing on health cooking, mind and body, and physical movement; harm reduction and opioid use services; and addressing food insecurity.
The position plays a critical role on the steering committee of the Peter Alfond Prevention and Health Living Center. With a recent large endowment from the Peter Alfond Foundation, MaineGeneral Medical Center has a unique opportunity to craft a robust expansion of community health outreach and engagement that will demonstrably improve the health of the people in central Maine.
This person will work extensively with community and state partners as well as manage department staff. The Director of Community Health is responsible for obtaining grants, overseeing expenditures on these and three endowments, and leading program evaluation. This position requires a high level of professional discernment, confidentiality, and collaboration with internal and external partners. If you have a passion for community health improvement and enjoy making a difference, we want to hear from you!
• Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
• Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including program delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
• Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
• Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, secures funding, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
• Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
• Writes and secures grant funding to meet departmental goals and directives.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Master’s Degree in Public Health, MSN Community Health, or relevant training in health education, communication and promotion strongly desirable.
• A minimum of 5 years of supervisor/management experience in a healthcare setting preferred
• Competitive Benefit package including Health, Dental, and Disability options
• Generous earned time program
• Retirement plans with employer match