The Maine Public Health Association is a member-based non-profit organization with members from all sectors of Maine’s public health community. An incorporated 501(c)3, MPHA is governed by a 16 member Board of Directors and guided by our mission and bylaws. MPHA has deep and vast support from many organizations throughout Maine and is an affiliate of the American Public Health Association. It is with the continued support of our members and donors that we are able to advocate for policies and environments that improve and sustain the health and well-being of all people in Maine.
Help us to make a difference in the lives of those who live, work, learn and play in Maine by supporting us through one of the following donation opportunities:
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation to MPHA
Make a tax-deductible donation to MPHA today and help support and sustain the organization’s various educational projects and outreach activities.
MPHA Board and Member Appeal
Keeping the voice of public health strong requires both volunteer support and financial resources. For nearly 40 years, MPHA has served Maine through collective efforts to advance the health and well-being of all community members. Our work providing advocacy and education, lobbying for evidence-based public health policy, and providing professional development is all made possible with your support. Donations to the Board and Member Appeal are tax-deductible.
MPHA Future Fund
The Future Fund is an endowment account that will help MPHA pursue its long-term goals and will allow the organization to take on special initiatives or respond to unforeseen challenges. It provides a vehicle through which supporters can invest in the future and leave a lasting legacy for Maine’s public health community. Honorary or memorial gifts to the fund are most welcome. Donations to the Future Fund are tax deductible.
MPHA Policy Champion
In an effort to sustain activities which improve the public health of Maine people through political advocacy, we need your support. Donations to policy efforts will support lobbying efforts, allowing MPHA to advocate on behalf of our members for best-practice, evidence-based policies that improve the public health and welfare of Maine people. Donations made to support MPHA’s policy efforts are not tax deductible.
Ways to Make a Donation
- By mail: Download and submit a donation form
- Online: Make an online donation today
- By phone: Call Rebecca Boulos, MPHA executive director, at 207-808-0487.
- If you would like to set up a recurring donation, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Ways to Make a Donation
- Matching gifts: Double your gift! If you work for a company with a matching gift program, you may be able to double your gift to MPHA. Contact your Human Resources or Corporate Giving department to learn about your company’s matching gift policy.
- Gifts of Stock: Contact MPHA Executive Director, Rebecca Boulos.
- Charitable IRA Rollover: Congress has passed a tax extenders package making the Charitable IRA Rollover provision permanent. The tax extenders package, known as the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015, makes permanent a number of provisions that allows taxpayers over 70 1/2 to make donations up to $100,000 to charitable organizations directly from their Individual Retirement Account (IRA), without treating the distribution as taxable income. Contact MPHA Executive Director, Rebecca Boulos.
- Deferred Gifts & Tribute and Memory Gifts: MPHA is honored to accept donations through estate planning. Or you can make your gift in honor or in memory of a specific person. Contact MPHA Executive Director, Rebecca Boulos.