Do you have a passion for public health assisting Maine’s population with HIV/AIDS and other infectious disease? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a non-profit, public health services organization is accepting applications for a public health professional to join our team and serve as the Program Assistant for the Infectious Disease Care program. This position will be housed in Augusta with staff at the Maine CDC office. The Program Assistant position is a full-time, 40-hour per week position that is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
The primary function of the Infectious Disease Care Program is to use Ryan White federal funds to support lower-income Maine residents who are living with HIV/AIDS. Currently, the program serves about 1,200 clients. The Care Program also offers certain support services for Maine residents who test positive for Tuberculosis and select other infectious diseases.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in health-related field preferred. Education requirements may be substituted for equivalent and related work experience. Competencies among successful applicants are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public Health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level I.
• Process client requests for Ryan White financial assistance.
• Communicate with clients, case managers, pharmacies, medical providers, and other
professionals as authorized to determine client medical and financial eligibility for assistance.
• Use online databases to enter client information and assess client eligibility for financial
• Run data reports to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and quality of the above tasks.
• Update electronic HIV surveillance data when client information changes and through the interstate deduplication process.
• Collaborate with the Office of MaineCare Services to provide information on HIV status.
• Enter laboratory reports for infectious disease data.
• Participate in large program mailings when it is time to notify Ryan White clients of their benefits, recertify their membership, and fill out our annual satisfaction survey.
Perform various administrative support tasks as needed.
Successful applicants pay careful attentions to detail, feel comfortable professionally communicating with others, and can function comfortably in both a fast-paced team environment or independently. This position requires flexibility and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little direct supervision.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Entry level
Location: Augusta, Maine
Projected Start Date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
• A cover letter and resume
• Your salary expectations
• Two writing samples
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Position is open until filled. Please ensure to send all requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization