Do you have a passion for public health assisting Maine’s population with HIV? Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a non-profit, public health services organization is accepting applications for a public health professional to join our team and serve as the Project Coordinator for the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP). This position will be housed in Augusta with staff at the Maine CDC office. The Project Coordinator position is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the insurance premium payment program to insure timely payment, assisting members apply for eligible insurances. This position will also coordinate ADAP functions such as enrollment, expense monitoring, payment processing, outreach and policy development as well as and creating practical, Maine-specific recommendations and materials that programs and communities will be able to use to reduce the burden of disease
Successful candidates will have demonstrated knowledge of public and private insurance options as well as data analysis, budgeting and forecasting skills.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in health related field, social sciences or business administration preferred or an equivalent of education and experience. (A combination of four (4) years of education, training, and/or experience in health, public health, or related field.) Master’s level training in related field is a plus.
• Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated cultural competences, plus finesse at working with varying work styles are essential.
• Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time, prioritize multiple tasks and workload while meeting deadlines accurately with little supervision.
• Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job.
• Demonstrated knowledge of interviewing and data gathering skills as needed to form basis for judgements in eligibility determinations.
• Competencies among successful applicants are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level II.
Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently, relates well to co-workers, stakeholders, and enjoys interacting with the public. This position requires flexibility and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little direct supervision.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Professional level
Location: Augusta, Maine
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
• A cover letter and resume
• Your salary expectations
• Two writing samples
• Three professional references
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.
Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization