Public Health Trainings
The Maine Public Health Training Center (MPHTC) is a growing resource of educational training opportunities to help public health workers and others broaden their knowledge of critical issues affecting the health of Maine people.
The ultimate goal of MPHTC is a healthier Maine. We hope to achieve this by improving the capacity, knowledge and performance of Maine’s current and future public health workers. MPHTC was jointly developed by the Maine CDC, The New England Public Health Training Center at the University of New England, Maine Public Health Association, Muskie School of Public Service at the University of Southern Maine, and the Hanley Center for Health Leadership, with contributions from many other organizations statewide and across New England.
Maine Public Health Training Center Opportunities
- Take a FREE online public health training through the New England Public Health Training Center.
Modules include presentations, quiz questions, and an evaluation form. You will receive a module completion certificate once all aspects of the module are completed. These trainings could be included in academic courses, offered as part of workforce development, and/or completed on your own. Access the list of trainings at: https://sites.bu.edu/nephtc.
- MPHTC offers Program Certificates when you complete a series of New England Public Health Training Center modules. See the list of MPHTC Program Certificates below. Once you have completed all the required modules, email your module completion certificates to Jennifer Gunderman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificate in Public Health Management
Must complete the following modules: 1. Introduction to Systems Thinking, 2. Managing Effectively: Managing Budgets and Fiscal Resources Part One, 3. Coaching Skills, Two of the following: Marketing Public Health, Onboarding New Employees, Grant Writing Basics
More Certificates Coming……..
Maine Public Health Training Center Sponsored Trainings
- Take a FREE online Self Care and Resiliency webinar Friday, October 23rd at 12PM! Offered through the University of New England’s Maine AHEC Center!
Healthcare professionals are challenged daily during the pandemic. To be able to care for others, we must also have the tools and practice of caring for ourselves. Join Dr. Claudia Finkelstein for an informative and important training on Self Care and Resiliency During COVID. Open to all, this webinar is free, and CME will be offered for the one-hour session! Don’t miss it!
Claudia Finkelstein, an internal medicine physician and medical educator, is the Director of Wellness, Resiliency and Support for the Vulnerable at MSU. She has developed a wellness and resilience program for the College of Human Medicine’s faculty and staff.
- Accurate information is critical to control the spread of COVID-19. The New England Public Health Training Center offered a free Health Literacy Response to COVID-19 webinar in July 2020. Last updated August 2020.
- Click here to access the Maine Data Resources Table for valuable census information about a variety of public health issues and sectors!